By paying attention to how you drive, and how much fuel your car or truck uses you could save money each and every fill up.
I have been using a program called Fuelly. This is a website that you can use to track the fuel mileage of one or more vehicles. It’s a great program because it allows you to accumulate your records over time. This allows you to see how your driving habits, vehicle maintenance and other factors affect fuel economy.
If you are interested in seeing how this work, download the app for your cell phone (Droid users) otherwise you can use the Iphone app trick to set fuelly for your phone.
If you have an iPhone, here’s how you can create an application icon that makes fuel-ups very convenient:
- Navigate to m.fuelly.com on your phone
- Select your vehicle
- Tap the Bookmark button and select “Add to Home Screen”
- Name the bookmark (I name mine Fuelly)
Now you have a Fuelly icon on your phone, which launches directly into a mobile-friendly, “Add Fuel-up” screen when you go to pump gas.
Will you become my Fuelly friend? We can see how each other is doing regarding fuel economy for our vehicles. Maybe we can share ideas on how to help increase our fuel economy. Since I’m using AMSOIL, I already have some great ideas on maximizing fuel economy.
Check out my Fuelly.com page.
Some tips on getting the best fuel mileage you can.
- Use AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants
- Keep your tires properly inflated
- Keep your airfilter clean
- Remove excess items from your vehicle, extra weight takes extra fuel
- Use AMSOIL P.i. Fuel system clean (gas engines)
- Use AMSOIL Diesel Concentrate (diesel engines)
- accelerate gently from a stop
- Coast to a stop light or stop sign. Hard breaking not only uses more fuel, but also wears your breaks
- Combine trips, short trips use more fuel. Also when a vehicle is cold it takes more fuel to warm up, so if you combine trips you only warm your vehicle once